Notices for planetlab: message number 00054

CFP: PAM 2010 , Passive and Active Measurement Conference (PAM) 2010, Zurich, SWITZERLAND, APRIL 7-9, 2010

Dear colleague,

my apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message.

Just a remind that the *PAM 2010* submission deadline is quickly approaching

  *Abstract Registration: October 2, 2009 23:59pm GMT (UK Time)*
  *Paper Submission: October 9, 2009 23:59pm GMT (UK Time) *
   http://www.pam2010.ethz.ch/

No extension will be given.

Ciao
Marco

              Call for Papers
    *Passive and Active Measurement Conference (PAM) 2010*
                Zurich, SWITZERLAND
                  APRIL 7-9, 2010
             http://www.pam2010.ethz.ch/

The 11th Passive and Active Measurement conference will be held April
7-9th, 2010 in Zürich, Switzerland. PAM focuses on research and
practical applications of network measurement and analysis techniques.
The conference's goal is to provide a forum for current work in its
early stages. Original papers are invited from the research and
operations communities on topics including, but not limited to:

  * Active Network Measurements
  * Passive Network Measurements
  * Performance Metrics
  * Traffic Statistics
  * Measurement Visualization
  * New Measurement Approaches & Techniques
  * Deployment of Measurement Infrastructure
  * New Measurement Initiatives
  * Applications of Network Measurements
  * Network Measurements and Security
  * Network Troubleshooting using Measurements

The PAM steering committee believes that releasing measurement data
allows for better science to be conducted in the field of network
measurement. Therefore, an award will be given at PAM 2010 for the best
paper based on a new dataset that the authors are releasing for
community use in subsequent research. To qualify, a paper must
significantly utilize a dataset that has been collected for the work
presented in the paper. Further, the dataset must be freely available to
any researcher; wireless data sets may, for instance, be published
through CRAWDAD. Authors should flag papers they wish to be considered
for this award with a footnote on the first page of the paper. Novel
datasets are especially encouraged. The awarded paper will be chosen
from the set of qualifying papers accepted for the conference by a
committee made up of a subset of the program and steering committees.

  Important Dates

  * *Abstract Registration: October 2, 2009 23:59pm GMT (UK Time)*
  * *Paper Submission: October 9, 2009 23:59pm GMT (UK Time) *
  * *Notification of Decision: December 13, 2009*
  * *Camera Ready: January 15, 2010*
  * *Conference: April 7-9, 2010*

  Paper Submission Instructions

We are soliciting papers, submitted in the Springer LNCS that do not
exceed *10 pages*. No additional space will be given once a paper has
been accepted.

The paper submission site will be online soon.

Authors are, as always, asked to refrain from submitting papers
submitted to PAM to other venues during the reviewing period.

Conference Organizers
General Chair:
        Bernhard Plattner     ETH Zurich

Program Chair:
        Arvind Krishnamurthy     University of Washington

Local Arrangements Chair:
       Xenofontas Dimitropoulos ETH Zurich

Publicity Chair:
       Marco Mellia         Politecnico di Torino

Program Committee
Matthew Caesar        UIUC
Mark Crovella        Boston University
Constantine Dovrolis    Georgia Tech
Jaeyeong Jung        Intel Research Seattle
Sachin Katti        Stanford University
Thomas Karagiannis    Microsoft Research, Cambridge
Simon Leinen        Switch
Craig Labowitz        Arbor Networks
Sridhar Machiraju    Google
Bruce Maggs        CMU
Morley Mao        University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Alan Mislove        Northeastern University
Sue Moon        KAIST
Neil Spring        University of Maryland
Joel Sommers        Colgate University
Renata Teixeira        LIP6
Arun Venkataramani    University of Massachusetts
Jia Wang        AT&T Research
Yinglian Xie        Microsoft Research, Silicon Valley
Ming Zhang         Microsoft Research, Redmond
Yin Zhang        University of Texas-Austin

Steering Committee
Nevil Brownlee        University of Auckland
Bernhard Plattner    ETH Zurich
Mark Claypool        Worcester Plytechnic Institute
Ian Graham        Endace
Arvind Krishnamurthy    University of Washington
Sue Moon        KAIST
Renata Teixeira        LIP6
Michael Rabinovich    Case Western Reserve University

--
Ciao,                    /\/\/\rco

+-----------------------------------+
| Marco Mellia - Assistant Professor|
| Skypeid: mgmellia                 |
| Tel: +39-011-564-4173             |
| Cel: +39-331-6714789              |   /"\  .. . . . . . . . . . . . .
| Politecnico di Torino             |   \ /  . ASCII Ribbon Campaign  .
| Corso Duca degli Abruzzi 24       |    X   .- NO HTML/RTF in e-mail .
| Torino - 10129 - Italy            |   / \  .- NO Word docs in e-mail.
| http://www.telematica.polito.it   |        .. . . . . . . . . . . . .
The box said "Requires Windows 95 or Better." So I installed Linux.