Notices for planetlab: message number 00079

FYI: [geni-announce] CISE/NSF posts Future Internet Architecture Solicitation

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [geni-announce] Fwd: CISE/NSF posts Future Internet Architecture Solicitation
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 11:56:16 -0500
From: Chip Elliott <celliott@bbn.com>
To: geni-announce@geni.net
CC: Chip Elliott <celliott@bbn.com>

GENI colleagues,

CISE has just announced its solicitation for Future Internet Architectures. I'm sure many of you already know about it (sorry for resending) but this should prove of interest to many in the GENI community.

All the best,

Chip

From: "Fisher, Darleen L." <dlfisher@nsf.gov>
To: <celliott@bbn.com>

CISE has posted the program solicitation NSF 10-528 Future Internet Architecture (FIA) with a proposal due dale of April 22, 2010. This announcement is a culmination of our efforts in the Future Internet Design and the NetSE programs to take a fresh approach to designing comprehensive Internet architecture for the future. With this solicitation we invite research teams to submit innovative proposals that conceive, design, and evaluate trustworthy "overarching" Future Internet architectures. CISE expects to support 2-4 projects, each with cumulative budgets up to $9 million and durations of 3 years for a total of $30,000,000, dependent upon the availability of funds and the quality of proposals received.

The solicitation can be found at:

<http://www.nsf.gov/publications/pub_summ.jsp?WT.z_pims_id=503476&ods_key=nsf10528>http://www.nsf.gov/publications/pub_summ.jsp?WT.z_pims_id=503476&ods_key=nsf10528

Please contact Victor Frost or Darleen Fisher at vsfrost@nsf.gov and dlfisher@nsf.gov respectively if you have questions. We encourage you to talk to us about your ideas, for example to see if they are within the scope of the program.

Please send this email to other researchers who you think would be interested in this opportunity. We apologize for duplicate emails.